We are driven by our purpose: to make sustainable living commonplace
It’s why we come to work. It’s why we’re in business. It’s how we inspire exceptional performance.
Back in 1883, Sunlight Soap was launched in the UK by our founder – it was pioneering, it was innovative and it had a purpose: to popularise cleanliness and bring it within reach of ordinary people. That was sustainable living, even then. We now have over 400 brands and we are still driven by purpose.
We want to do more good for our planet and our society – not just less harm. We want to act on the social and environmental issues facing the world and we want to enhance people’s lives with our products.
We’ve been pioneers, innovators and future-makers for over 120 years – we plan to continue doing that. And we plan to do it sustainably.
- 190+countrieswhere our brands are available
- 3.4billionpeopleuse our products every day
- €60.1billion turnover in 2022 with 59% in emerging markets
- 14brandsin the top 50 most chosen FMCG brands globally
- 14 brandshad turnover of more than €1 billion in 2022
- €7.8billion spent Brand and Marketing investment
- No. 1 FMCG employer of choicefor graduates and early career talent in 16 out of our 20 biggest markets.
- 54/46gender balancemanagement (female/male)
- €818mspent with diverse businesses owned by under-represented groups
- 21%of our packagingwas made of recycled plastic
- 667 million people reached through brand purpose health and wellbeing programmes
- 48% of our portfoliooffered positive nutrition
- 280factories operated by Unilever
- 68%reduction in GHG emissionsfrom energy and refrigerant use in our operations since 2015
- 25 million customer ordersprocessed annually